Friday, August 19, 2011

Olive Oil and Honey Deep Conditioner Hair Treatment

Hello peoples!

I've been hearing alot about this olive oil and honey treatment. So I decided to try it. Here's what I used, my results, and my thoughts.


What I Used
  • Trader Joe's Raw Orangic Honey
  • Trader Joe's EVOO
  • Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
  • Shea Moisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo
  • Measuring Cup
  • Shower Cap and Turbie Twist
The Process
  • I only used 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup honey (which is a lot, I still have some left over).
  • First I added olive oil to a measuring cup.
  • Then I added the honey and heated it up in the microwave in 10-15 sec increments.
  • Then I stirred it and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
  • Before applying the mixture I shampooed my hair with Shea Moisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo.
  • Using the measuring cup, I poured the mixture on the back of my hair and used my fingers to dab some of it in the front. 
  • Then I put on a shower cap on and my turbie twist 
  • I let it sit for 30 minutes.
  • Lastly, I co-washed with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Condish
The Results and My Thoughts
  • I didn't like it! ~.~
  • The way people were raving over it... I expected extraordinary results. But I did not notice any real difference in moisture or shine.
  • Also, I didn't know whether I should use it on dry hair or wet hair ... I felt sorta unclear about the whole process so I did sorta wing it...! >.<
 I plan on trying it again... with honey that isn't organic...and a spray bottle... lol
 
BUT SO FAR!
I'm not sold on this DC treatment!
~.~  Peace Out! ^.~

My References

No comments:

Post a Comment