I've been hearing alot about this olive oil and honey treatment. So I decided to try it. Here's what I used, my results, and my thoughts.
What I Used
- Trader Joe's Raw Orangic Honey
- Trader Joe's EVOO
- Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
- Shea Moisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo
- Measuring Cup
- Shower Cap and Turbie Twist
- I only used 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup honey (which is a lot, I still have some left over).
- First I added olive oil to a measuring cup.
- Then I added the honey and heated it up in the microwave in 10-15 sec increments.
- Then I stirred it and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Before applying the mixture I shampooed my hair with Shea Moisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo.
- Using the measuring cup, I poured the mixture on the back of my hair and used my fingers to dab some of it in the front.
- Then I put on a shower cap on and my turbie twist
- I let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, I co-washed with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Condish
- I didn't like it! ~.~
- The way people were raving over it... I expected extraordinary results. But I did not notice any real difference in moisture or shine.
- Also, I didn't know whether I should use it on dry hair or wet hair ... I felt sorta unclear about the whole process so I did sorta wing it...! >.<
I plan on trying it again... with honey that isn't organic...and a spray bottle... lol
BUT SO FAR!
I'm not sold on this DC treatment!
~.~ Peace Out! ^.~