Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Hair Care Routine

Hey guys! I'm back! 
Well everyone seems to be talking about their routines and the treatments they use ect. Well I thought I should share mine!

Well here's my routine!
  • I tend to wet my hair every 1-3 days. So usually when I wake up in the morning I co-wash with two different conditioners
    • Shea Mositure Curl and Style Milk 
    • Then Shea Moisture Yucca and Boabab Volumizing Conditioner
  • After co-washing I rake some Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie through my hair.
  • After I work that in completely I either
    • Comb it out or
    • Spray Shea Moisture's Shine and Hold Mist and then comb it out or
    • Spray Shea Moisture's Shine and Hold Mist and then let it air dry
  • Lastly, I let the hair air dry and either pull it back with a scarf, a large hair tie, or leave it out without tying it back.
  • On the weekends I wet DC with Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol, Doo Gro Mega Growth Oil or a mixture of Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil and Castor Oil, and off brand Olive Oil. Sometimes I also add Organic Coconut Oil to the mixture as well. 
  • I let the Olive Cholesterol sit in my head for a day or half a day with a shower cap and a turbie twist towel on my head.
  • Usually when I wash out the DC I check how much my hair has grown.
  • As of last week I have started doing different twist outs to see how each sets with the smoothie. I've found that fat twists are just as good if not better than the smaller twists.
I've been wanting to try Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner, Shea Moisture's original Leave In Conditioner, EVOO and Honey Treatment, Aloe Vera, and Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Since I start school soon, I hope to get these along with a new fall wardrobe. lol

When my hair gets longer I plan on doing twist outs and braid outs more often. Until then this is my usual low maintenance routine. I think it works quite well (especially for TWAs) and doesn't take much time. The only complaint I have are the small pieces of relaxed hair that tend to stick up... Sometimes it's hard to blend them in. I hope I can get my hair trimmed soon because this is a very annoying problem!

What's your routine!?
Lol that's my TWA!

No comments:

Post a Comment